Home * Facts on Pandaw
Facts on Pandaw
The Pandaw is an original colonial era boat, constructed in 1947.

The famous shipbuilding company of Yarrow & Co. of Clyde on the River in Glasgow built the Pandaw for the Irrawaddy Flotilla Company. Arriving in Myanmar in 1950, under the ownership of the Inland Water Transport Board (IWTB) she ran on the Irrawaddy River from Mandalay to Bahmo, one of the most popular routes on this great river.

She began a luxury life as a passenger cruiser in 1989, under the management of a new Irrawaddy Flotilla Company and was taken over in 2003 by Ayravata Cruises after extensive renovations and refurbishing.

Her hull is of steel, and she measures 150ft (47.72 m) from prow to stern. Her beam is 34 ft (11.5m) and the draft is 2.6ft (0.8m)

There are altogether 16 teak-walled deluxe cabins with proper beds and hot and cold showers. There is one main deck with cabins, an upper deck with cabins and a dining room at the stern and a salon at the prow.

The topmost 20ft long sundeck is fitted with comfortable rattan chairs, giving a pleasant old-world ambience as guests view the sunset, river traffic and pretty villages on the banks. The cosy bar is a great place to hang out with friends late into the night, and the elegant dining room is where guests will enjoy lavish meals of great dishes such as roasted pork with apple marmalade sauce, beef escalope with red wine sauce, sauteed seafood with lime cream sauce and butterfish prepared in a number of ways. Vegetarian meals can be prepared when informed in advance.
The price is inclusive of transfer between the ship and airport, all meals, sightseeing tours and entrance fees at monuments.

The engine runs with diesel, 2x300hp MWM Model TBD -234 V6. Propulsion is Schotell Outboard Model SRP 100.110. Maximum upriver speed is 6 nautical mph and downriver speed is 11 nautical mph. The generators are 2x95 kva Denyo Gensets.

For communications, there is a GSM phone, internal phone system and tannoy for navigation. The vessel is outfitted with navigation lights, ship horn and search light and for safety precautions, there are emergency lights, emergency generator, life jackets fo all on board and life rafts.

For fire protection there are 21 smoke detectors, 4 heat detectors, 8 manual alarm stations, a USA-made electronic control panel Silent Knight, 20 fore extinguishers, 8 fire hose cabinets and fire pump.

For health safety, there is a de-sedimentation and full water treatment system plus the Reverse Osmosis system for the kitchen. A treatment plant is used for sewage.

Pandaw is a beautiful and proud lady, happy to be of service to you.
 
Built in Scotland on the Clyde
in 1947 by the famous ship-builder
Yarrow & Co with the same design of
the pre-war Quarter Wheller
steamers of the Irrawaddy Flotilla
Company.

Operated by
ayravata_cruises

We recommend
elephant_coach
Travel in Style with Luxurious Replica of
the old Chevrolet Bus